Tuesday, April 3, 2007

TUESDAY of HOLY WEEK

When I look at the montages of Dan, I mourn. I don't feel everything that is in me because the grief would be unbearable. How did I not fully know the treasure I was allowed to have in my care? I believe God has had mercy on Daniel because God knows my failure to treasure what He gave me. No one wants to read a litany of regret, of what-ifs. And I don't need to recite that, for it is all past, wrapped in mystery and sorrow and loss, in the Cross, in all that we commemorate this Holy Week. Jesus, all good, all innocent, without spot or wrinkle, fell under the weight of the Cross. Surely He has borne our afflictions, He has carried our sins and we look to Him the Beginning and the End of our very selves and long to be with Him and to have in Him what only He can give, every possible Joy and Daniel, too, free from every stain of this lost world, redeemed and made anew. My son, my son.

No comments: