Monday, March 26, 2007

Shaking The Pumpkin, Shaking The Word



I have no idea what we were discussing the day of this photograph. It looks serious. I long to speak with Dan again. He knew a lot and, what's more, when I spoke with Dan, he would consider what I said and vice versa. He wasn't at a loss for words, but he was careful in hearing and in speaking whenever we would talk about religion or philosophy or psychology. Politics was a hot issue for Daniel and one I'd rather avoid. Dan didn't like a government that encroached upon peoples' liberties. Neither do I but age, perhaps, has made me more sanguine about civilization's vicissitudes. When I pass, and it won't be all that long a time until I do, I hope to talk with Dan
and share the substance of those things we, earthbound, only pondered, only tried to glimpse.

1 comment:

madison said...

My condolences goes out to your family!